Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Brother is a badger and apparently has redeeming qualities

Remember the day when Brother tried to "compliment" me by calling me an orange? You don't? Oh, well please, read about it here.

This story actually takes place a few weeks back, but it must be shared. It starts off on a morning. Let's say it was a Tuesday morning. My mom called. Which is weird, since she is quite aware of my morning rules. Here's a (roughly retold) transcript of that conversation.

Mom: "Hi. I just thought you should hear this story about your brother."
Me: "Why."
Mom: "Well, he was working at the Habitat for Humanity house and they were teasing him for being so young, (*note--he's 22. Not that young.) and he was trying to work on something that he didn't have the right tools for. So he improvised. He just got a stick and a rock and made do. While he was working on that, one of the guys came up to him and said, 'You must be a farm boy, huh?"
Me: "Why are you telling me this story? It's nice, but still, why?"
Mom: "Well, I thought you could write about this on your blog so people know that even though his compliments are insults, he has some redeeming qualities."
Me: "Ok Mom. I will write about it. But I am going to write it in exactly the way that you just said it to me."
Mom: "That kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?"
Me: "Yep."

.....that sort of leads into the next part of the story......

A few days after that conversation, Brother's Girlfriend posts on my wall: " Last Friday [Brother] and I stopped and had a drink at a bar. We were talking about something and I said, "You dog." and he says, "I am not a dog. I'm a badger." I didn't ask for an explanation on this one since I know how the orange explanation went. So now you have an orange and a badger in the family. I wonder what [Sister] will grow up to be."

What a kid, my Brother.


No comments:

Post a Comment