Thursday, October 18, 2012

The week when I thought Tuesday was Friday.

I keep a pretty strict calendar. I'm not sure what I did before Siri came into my life (or, as I like to call her, Jessica). I may have had two paper planners. Plus a google calendar. Now, it's all in one. I always know what day of the week it is. I always know what number day it is. Even though I am one single person, I have to have color-coded events listings, just to ensure I get to where I am supposed to be. I think this comes from the fact that my family was chronically late. To everything. To parties. To the school bus (that picked us up in our driveway). To church--which WAITED  for us. Seriously. My mom was the church secretary, and apparently church could not start without us. So Sunday mornings...in we roll....fashionably (not so much) late, and Pastor would say OH great, they're finally here. We have some questions that only you can answer.

Honestly. They say that you can't label God's timing....but he will certainly wait for the church secretary.

.....(why did I write that....I'm not sure where I was going with...OH. YEAH.)

Calendars. So, I know what days are what. Except this week. I made it pretty solidly through several hours, at work hours, of Tuesday thinking it was Friday. The crushing blow when I realized it was not Friday was awful. Just. Awful. I think it's because I have a pretty firm grasp on time, and I am rarely caught off guard.

The nice part about Tuesdays is that I get to go to tap class, so that was nice. Even if it wasn't Friday.

Bad news: I kept thinking it was Friday for the next two days. Which is not fun.

Why do I want it to be Friday? STEPH IS COMING TO VISIT! My friends don't often make the trek to the northland to visit me. Honestly, it's not that I don't want them to, but I think it might be better that they don't en mass. Which is terrible for me to say, since I work in the tourism industry. But...my friends, when we get together...are a lot. Which is great. But the much-ness of my social circle already here...plus the a lot-ness of my visiting friends may very possibly make this little hamlet explode. Maybe it's good that we are a lot in other places, bigger places where we get to be more anonymous.

They can and should (hint hint) come visit me in singles or small groups. That's super cool. And Steph is! And Steph, well, she's super neat. We are going to See a Play and go on Adventures and watch HP7 (maybe twice) and The Office and play The Office Trivia and Eat and Bake and Eat and be Fun. And probably throw in a lot of walks to balance out the eating. It's gonna be zoppity.

It's pretty clear why I'm ready for it to be Friday, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment